Internship offer: Comparison of different optimization engines
Who are we?
Founded in 2000, AZAP is the publisher and integrator of an advanced Supply Chain planning software solution (APS: Advanced Planning System). One of the French market leaders and located near the Champs Elysées in Paris, it operates in France and abroad.
AZAP proposes optimizations of production and supply plans. These optimizations are based on linear programming techniques (continuous or integer) and use optimization engines available on the market.
The calculation time as well as the quality of the result can vary considerably from one solver to another.
What we propose:
- Discovery of the AZAP software and mathematical modeling of optimizations
- Getting to grips with the two solvers currently in use, their interfaces and options
- Definition of scenarios and test cases based on real cases, and performance and quality indicators
- Analysis of the solver market, definition of a list of candidate solvers
- Selection of candidate solvers, then for each solver
- Analysis and search for optimal parameters
- Benchmarks execution and performance collection
- Comparative analysis and recommendations (solver and parameterization) according to the uses
- Tests on a non-linear market solver
Master’s student in IT development or operational research,
- You are autonomous and rigorous
- You have a good knowledge of operational research and optimization techniques.
- You have a good level in programming (object language)
- You are rigorous in your analyses
The internship will last 3 to 6 months, between February and October 2020, depending on your availability. It will take place at the headquarters of AZAP, 103 rue La Boétie, Paris 8th.
- Join a high level team, which takes the time to train and coach you
- A passionate team that also knows how to take time out for team building, around a table football for instance…
- AZAP is expanding, possible permanent contract at the end of the internship
- Allowances between €1,000 and €1,500 according to profile + restaurant tickets + 50% Navigo Pass
Send in your application by email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Internship reference: Stage_AZAP2020_Optim