Internship offer: Supply Chain Data Scientist
Who are we?
Founded in 2000, AZAP is the publisher and integrator of an advanced Supply Chain planning software solution (APS: Advanced Planning System). One of the French market leaders and located near the Champs Elysées in Paris, it operates in France and abroad.
On the Sales Forecasting software module, AZAP conducts Data Science work aimed at complementing the usual approaches by analyzing exogenous or customer-supplied data:
- Data related to weather sensitivity
- Highly competitive products sold largely through web channels
- Product or store launches through very specific distribution channels (e.g. kiosks)
What we propose:
We have carried out work and obtained promising results with statistical methods,
correlation analysis, Machine Learning (decision tree, classification …) in particular for:
- Start-up phases of new products
- The impact on sales of changes in prices
- The impact of events of all kinds (promotions, catalogue building, exceptional events such as literary prizes or media buzz in publishing …)
The internship aims to “industrialize” these approaches by relying on concrete customer files. After a phase of getting to know the existing situation, your task will be to validate and enrich the results acquired. For example, this will involve:
- Collecting relevant series
- Classifying and modelling them
- Evaluating the model: applying the model to past data to assess its quality and.
Once the model has been validated, prepare the industrialization of the integration into the software by
- Specifying the developments and libraries to use
- Documenting the use cases, limitations and constraints of the model
Master’s student in Supply Chain or Statistics or Data Scientist,
- You enjoy analyzing data and have strong statistical skills
- You are able to quickly assimilate a new context, have a good sense of synthesis
- You are experienced in tools of types SAS, R, Python, statistical libraries …
- Ideally, you are also familiar with the Supply Chain
The internship will last 4 to 6 months, between February and October 2020, depending on your availability. It will take place at the headquarters of AZAP, 103 rue La Boétie, Paris 8th. You will be bound by a confidentiality agreement regarding the data to which you will have access.
- Join a high level team, which takes the time to train and coach you
- A passionate team that also knows how to take time out for team building, around a table football for instance…
- AZAP is expanding, possible permanent contract at the end of the internship
- Allowances between €1,000 and €1,500 according to profile + restaurant tickets + 50% Navigo Pass
Send in your application by email: email@example.com
Internship reference: Stage_AZAP2020_DataplyChain